Thursday, September 29, 2011

Moron Chess

In this post I posited that R and I are Gods of Chess because in our games white had an overwhelming advantage. An update: since then (April 2010) I have played on chess.com a variety of opponents. As white I am 45-38-7; as black, 47-33-9. A decidedly mortal record. But what else does that say about my playing? Likely either

--I am a defensive, counterattacking player, as opposed to an offensive, attacking one (I don't have an intuitive opinion), or

--The website preferentially selects the higher-rated player as black, to counterbalance the natural advantage of playing white. (This isn't too likely because most of the time I play two games per opponent, one as white and one as black.) Or

--R and I bring out the best in one another. Maybe.

When I get a round tuit I'll investigate further.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home