Thursday, August 20, 2009

Don't Pull The Thang Out

Austin will lose three of its most outstanding citizens when J.I., J.N., and K.O. leave, without concrete plans of returning, this week. Last night I was celebrating with two of them at a local eat-drinkery. The jukebox, or its modern equivalent, was on a roll, playing Creedence, Cream, The Doors, The Stones, and that granddaddy of them all, Zeppelin. I was naturally getting into a fervor, and at the end of Thank You I caught myself insisting that the guttural G to G-sharp bend at the beginning of Heartbreaker simply had to be played, just the way Living Loving Maid is required listening after - uh - Heartbreaker. In the future, how about just not even teasing me with the Zeppelin unless you're going to go all the way through the disc with it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home